- Do more investors at financial markets convey more information about the "true", or "fair", or "fundamental", or ... price?
- We get it all wrong in macro finance, empirically and theoretically.
To learn more about this conclusion please attend my talks at various conferences, or follow this link. NEW: update published with even more data evidence!
Applying the Lucas (1976) critique to DSGE models yields interesting insights and demands a thorough consideration of uncertainty.
German versions on the (mis)use of the term "Casino capitalism" here and here available.
You may also fancy these publications:
- The puzzle that just isn't, April 2016.
- A new interpretation of known facts: The case of two-ways causality between trading and volatility, Economic Modelling, 29(3), pp. 664-70, 2012.
- Our economy, Modern Economy, 2(4), pp. 569-574, 2011, doi:10.4236/me2011.24063.
- The forward bias puzzle: Still unsolved, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 21, pp. 605-610, 2011, doi: 10.1016/j.intfin.2011.06.001.
Selected past conference presentation(s):
- 7th World Congress of the Bachelier Finance Society, Sydney, June 2012.
- Canadian Economic Association Annual Conference in Toronto, May 2009.Financial Econometrics Conference Berlin, March 2009.
- Money, Macro and Finance Research Group
40th ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Birkbeck College, University of London, September 2008.
- European Economic Association, Milano, August 2008.
- Quantitative Methods in Finance, Sydney, December 2007.